Pre-school Marian House
At Greenfields, our curriculum supports Siolta & Aistear: Siolta & Aistear
- 9:00 Greeting Time – the child is met at the door by one of our practitioners. The child puts away their break in the fridge and hangs up their own coat.
- 9:10 Newstime – the children sit on their own cushions and each child tells their news. Also at this time we discuss colours, shapes, numbers, letters, days of the week etc.
- 9:20 The child sits at the table in their group and decides what areas they would like to play in for Work Time.
- 9:30 This is where the child carries out their Planned Activity. It also allows them the opportunity to mix with other children and problem solving.
- 10:15 Tidy up time
- 10:25 Review Time. The child sits in their group at the table and talks about what they did and how they did it.
- 10:40 Wash Hands
- 10:45 Break (eat their packed lunch)
- 11:05 Outside Time
- 11:40 Small Group Time – This is where the children sit on their own at the table and the teacher works with them individually.
- 12:00 Large Group Time – This is where different activities are planned involving all the children. E.g story time, singing.